GeoSparkViz is a large-scale geospatial map visualization framework. GeoSparkViz extends a cluster computing system (Apache Spark in our case) to provide native support for general cartographic design. The proposed system seamlessly integrates with a Spark-based spatial data management system, GeoSpark. It provides the data scientist a holistic system that allows her to perform data management and visualization on spatial data and reduces the overhead of loading the intermediate spatial data generated during the data management phase to the designated map visualization tool. GeoSparkViz also proposes a map tile data partitioning method that achieves load balancing for the map visualization workloads among all nodes in the cluster. Extensive experiments show that GeoSparkViz can generate a high-resolution (i.e., Gigapixel image) Heatmap of 1.7 billion OpenStreetMaps objects and 1.3 billion NYC taxi trips in ≈4 and 5 minutes on a four-node commodity cluster, respectively.
- Geospatial Visual Analytics belongs to Database Systems
- Interactive and Scalable Exploration of Geospatial Data
- SRC: Geospatial Visual Analytics Belongs to Database Systems: the BABYLON approach
- GeoSparkViz: a scalable geospatial data visualization framework in the Apache Spark ecosystem
- GeoSparkViz in Action: A Data System with built-in support for Geospatial Visualization