ASU Online Master of Computer Science - Data Systems
Arizona State University Database Course on Coursera
ASU offers several courses which focus on different topics in the area of data systems.
ASU provides a free version of the database course. It is available on Coursera Data in Databases
Big Data analytics tools are increasingly critical for providing meaningful information for making better business decisions. Big data technologies bring significant cost advantages when it comes to storing and managing large amounts of data. Understanding how to query a database to extract data will empower better analysis of large, complex datasets. Knowledge of Indexing mechanisms makes possible high-speed, selective retrieval of large amounts of information.
CSE 511 in Online Master of Computer Science
The complete version of this course can be found in ASU Online Master of Computer Science program on Coursera. The official title of this course is CSE 511 Data Processing at Scale.
This online program is ranked in the Top 10 for Online Graduate Engineering Programs by U.S. News and World Report
Specific topics covered include:
- Efficient query processing
- Indexing structures
- Distributed database design
- Parallel query execution
- Concurrency control in distributed parallel database systems
- Data management in cloud computing environments
- Data management in Map/Reduce-based
- NoSQL database systems
- CSE 511 Data Processing at Scale
- GeoSparkViz: a scalable geospatial data visualization framework in the Apache Spark ecosystem
- Deploy Distributed Database Course Project on Vocareum
- Spatial Data Management in Apache Spark - The GeoSpark Perspective and Beyond
- Demonstrating GeoSparkSim: A Scalable Microscopic Road Network Traffic Simulator Based on Apache Spark