- Ph.D, Computer Science, Arizona State University, 2013 - present
- B.E., Software Engineering, Northwest Agriculture & Forestry University (西北农林科技大学), 2009 - 2013
- Outstanding Graduate 优秀毕业生 (200 out of 5600)
My experience matches my expertise in database systems and geospatial data management
- Summer 2019: Research Intern at Database Group, Microsoft Research, Redmond, Washington, USA
- Microsoft is the birthplace of SQL Server
- Mentor / Collaborators: Umar Farooq Minhas, David Lomet, Jaeyoung Do, Yinan Li, Chi Wang, Badrish Chandramouli, Johannes Gehrke, Donald Kossmann
- I worked on a realistic design of updatable learned indices.
- My intern work led to a SIGMOD 2020 research paper about Updatable learned index.
- Summer 2018: Research Intern at Database Group, IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, California, USA
- IBM -Almaden is the birthplace of relational model, SQL, and DB2
- Mentor / Collaborators: Vijayshankar Raman, Yingjun Wu, Yuanyuan Tian, Ronald Barber, Richard Sidle
- I participated in Hermit project to design a succinct secondary index. I also explored the code generation issues on compressed database tables and implemented a preliminary code generator with JIT execution using LLVM, for IBM HTAP system..
- My intern work led to a SIGMOD 2019 research paper and a VLDB 2019 demo paper about Designing Succinct Secondary Indexing Mechanism by Exploiting Column Correlations.
- Summer 2016: Software Development Intern at Map Team, Apple, Cupertino, Calinfornia, USA
- Apple is the birthplace of Apple Maps
- Mentor: Huang-Hsiang Cheng; Manager: Alex Radeski
- Deploy and improve distributed computing frameworks and resource management systems such as Apache Spark and Apache Mesos.
- Develop internal evaluation tools to assist large-scale spatial analysis.