- Ph.D, Computer Science, Arizona State University, 2013 - present
- B.E., Software Engineering, Northwest Agriculture & Forestry University (西北农林科技大学), 2009 - 2013
- Outstanding Graduate (优秀毕业生)
- Summer 2019: Research Intern at Database Group, Microsoft Research, Redmond, Washington, USA
- Mentor / Collaborators: Umar Farooq Minhas, David Lomet, Jaeyoung Do, Yinan Li, Chi Wang, Badrish Chandramouli, Johannes Gehrke, Donald Kossmann
- I worked on a realistic design of updatable learned indices. My previous work includes Hippo a lightweight sparse index (implemented into PostgreSQL kernel, VLDB 2016, demo ICDE 2017) and Hermit a lightweight learned secondary index by leveraging column correlations (SIGMOD 2019, demo VLDB 2019).
- Summer 2018: Research Intern at Database Group, IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, California, USA
- Mentor / Collaborators: Vijayshankar Raman, Yingjun Wu, Yuanyuan Tian, Ronald Barber, Richard Sidle
- I participated in Hermit project to design a succinct secondary index. I also explored the code generation issues on compressed database tables and implemented a preliminary code generator with JIT execution using LLVM, for IBM HTAP system..
- My intern work led to a SIGMOD 2019 research paper and a VLDB 2019 demo paper about Designing Succinct Secondary Indexing Mechanism by Exploiting Column Correlations.
- Summer 2016: Software Development Intern at Map Team, Apple, Cupertino, Calinfornia, USA
- Mentor: Huang-Hsiang Cheng; Manager: Alex Radeski
- Deploy and improve distributed computing frameworks and resource management systems such as Apache Spark and Apache Mesos.
- Develop internal evaluation tools to assist large-scale spatial analysis.
- Invited Reviewer: VLDB Journal, ACM Transactions on Spatial Algorithms and Systems (ACM TSAS), International Journal of Geographical Information Science (IJGIS), Geoinformatica Journal, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing
- Publicity Chair: GeoRich Workshop @ SIGMOD, 2018
- External Reviewer: SIGMOD & PVLDB, 2018
- External Reviewer: SIGMOD, PVLDB, ICDE Demo, ACM SIGSPATIAL, SSTD, 2017
- External Reviewer: SIGMOD Demo, ACM SIGSPATIAL, TODS, 2016